Red Pepper Rice
OK I am all about easy recipes to get the site kicked off. Here is my recipe for Red Pepper Rice. Now I love to eat rice, but I was never able to cook it well until I got a rice cooker. In this recipe I am going to use a rice cooker but you could certainly make it the traditional way with on your stove top with a pot. If you like to eat rice but have never been good at making it, I would highly recommend purchasing a rice cooker. It will make your life easier.
• 2 cups of rice
• 4 cups of water
• 1 Red Pepper
• 1 Garlic Clove
• 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Items used to make this recipe
• Garlic Press
• Cutting Board
1. Chop up your red pepper into small pieces and place that into the rice cooker.
2. Pour in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the rice cooker and use the garlic press to put in your garlic.
3. Now plug in your rice cooker and push the switch done to the cook setting. Place the lid onto the rice cooker and wait for the peppers to get soft.
4. Once the red peppers have softened. Place the two cups of rice into the cooker and the 4 cups of water and place the lid onto the rice cooker. Push down the cook button and you are all set.
OK once the rice cooker has finished the lights will switch to warm. Just wait about 5 minutes and you rice is ready to serve. Perfect every time.
I made this rice with my Baked Tilapia. I think they complement each other very well.